With the Sara Morley GOTR Spirit Scholarship Fund, we are happy to empower past GOTR participants. This award provides the opportunity to support and celebrate a young woman who has previously participated in the Girls on the Run program and has shown a commitment to carrying the program's core values.
This scholarship was founded in 2014 in honor of Sara Morley, former GOTRNA council director and the driving force who kept Girls on the Run alive in Northern Arizona by bringing it to North Country HealthCare. Sara’s deep commitment to public service, belief in the limitless potential of every girl, and passionate participation in life helped define her Girls on the Run Spirit.
Girls on the Run is thrilled to present $1,000 one-time scholarship scholarship for a post-secondary education to one previous program participant. Scholarships will be awarded on a personal essay. We believe that the Girls on the Run program will continue to have a positive impact on our former participants for many years to come!
To be eligible all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an alumna of Girls on the Run of Northern Arizona
- Exemplify the Girls on the Run Core Values of being joyful, optimistic, grateful, and nurturing of one’s health, as well as Sara’s passion for her community, strength, and kind spirit
- Graduated high school in 2020 or later
- Students taking a gap year under 21 are eligible to apply
- Be accepted to and plan on attending an accredited college, university, or technical/vocational school in Fall 2023 as a full-time student
Apply by completing the online application here. Applications open on March 1. The completed scholarship application and all supporting materials must be submitted by Saturday, April 1, 2023. Applicants can apply in whichever language they prefer.
Scholarship award recipient will be notified in early May.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org